Caution on Online sales, unauthorized dealers and international purchases
Onkyo products are sold in India through authorized dealers selected by the company. The details are available on the DEALER LOCATOR and can also be provided if anyone contacts the company.
Onkyo dealers are chosen after due consideration to their ability to represent the brand properly and offer the right support. The company also considers the selection after satisfying itself, to the best of its knowledge, that the dealer adopts the appropriate business practices.
It has come to the knowledge of the company that there are establishments claiming to offer genuine Onkyo products with warranty and many of such establishments operate through the Online.
Onkyo Sight & Sound India Pvt. Ltd. (OSSIPL) Does not offer any Warranty for purchases through the Online or through any unauthorized source
As and when Onkyo Sight & Sound India Pvt. Ltd. (OSSIPL) appoints an online channel partner, this will be made known on our dealer locator, which all are encouraged to refer whenever they need to identify an appropriate dealer.
Why you should not buy from an unauthorized source
- Products are often used but sold as “new”.
- Products are pirated-not produced by Onkyo.
- Products have some damage which is sometimes even camouflaged.
- Products are stolen goods.
- Products are purchased from “gray source”.
It is possible that such unauthorized sources tamper with serial numbers, or even remove them, and also offer products that are meant for another region on account of voltage conditions and other factors. Such products are prone to operational difficulties and consistent breakdowns. It is possible that these unauthorized sources may claim that in the event of repairs, there would be a warranty to support them.
MANY WEB SITES CHANGE NAMES AND LOCATIONS FREQUENTLY SO THEY CANNOT BE ACCESSED FOR COMPLAINTS. MANY SIMPLY CLOSE DOWN.MOST ONLINE SOURCES DO NOT OFFER A PHYSICAL ADDRESS AND IN THE FEW CASES THEY DO, IT WOULD BE A FICTITIOUS ONE.
What you must do?
- Avoid purchases through the Online (except in cases and when Onkyo appoints an channel partner) and from any unauthorized source. You will also observe such sources will refuse to meet physically at their office for taking bookings or providing any assistance. They will always claim that every support will be made on the Online.
- In case the booking has already been made, apply for return and refund.
- Always refer our dealer locator to identify an un authorized dealer-Online or otherwise.
- In case a dealer claims to be authorized and if you have any doubt, please contact the company and we shall clarify this immediately.